The Mountain Hut “Altihut” is located in Kazbegi District of Georgia, Kazbegi, at an elevation
of 3014 meters above sea level.
It was built in Switzerland, in Wil (Davos) with love and care by Stefan Muller, his team and
Kurt Wandfluh (the Wizzard). It was delivered to Georgia in parts and was assembled and
built on this elevation with the assistance of the greatest pilot Franz Cotting. It is state of the
art, human craftsmanship and the most ecofriendly building in The Caucasus. Altihut can
host over 40 people with comfort
Altihut provides comfortable overnight stays in dormitory beds (on organic woolen
matrasses, and new sheets are provided), fine dining and delicious food served in the
“restaurant at 3000 meters”. You may also enjoy reading in the highest library in Europe and
send postcards, from one the highest PO Boxes. You may relax on the veranda and soak in
the incredible views of Mount Kazbegi (5054 masl) and Mount Kuro, with a glass of
The summer season for hiking starts from June-July as soon as snow melts. To get here,
you will need to come to Stephantsminda first. You may take a car or minibus to
Stephantsminda, and to get to Holy Thrinity Church in Gergeti, at an elevation of 2200 masl,
where the hiking trail starts in the direction of the Glacier. Here you will reach Altihut on
elevation of 3014 masl.
You may use horses during your hike, or you may use a helicopter to lift, provided by
Austrian company Wucher. (www.wuherhelicopters.com).
- Mkinvartsveri Pick (Mountain Kazbegi) - 5,054 MASL
- Gergeti Glacier - 3,200 - 4,100 MASL
- Kuro Gorge - 4,200 MASL
- Ortsveri Pick - 4,222 masl
- Panoramic view on Chaukhi Massives - 3,870 MASL
- River Chkheri
- Kesi george
- Professional guide
- 3 course meal
- Overnight stay in Altihut
- All amenities of Altihut (alti library, board games, music, etc)
- Music and incredible views and guaranteed memories to fuel Peace of Mind
(35.4 % Saved)
- Meet the Guide at the beginning of the Trail, Gergeti, elevation 2200 masl. Short briefing and instructions, start of hike
- Trail to Altihut takes approximately 3,4 hours, it is over 5 km distance from the starting point and vertical 800 meter elevation.
- Acclimatization in Altihut, rest & Lunch
- Free time, enjoying the views, music local delicatessens. In case of interest, short tour to the Glacier (aprox. 3,200 masl)
- Dinner in the “Restaurant on 3000 meters”
- Sweet dreams (in the comfortable, organic woolen matrasses, specially created by IDPs from Tskhinvali region)
- Champions Breakfast 2
- Pre tour Briefing and instructions from the Guide; Equipment check and manual on how to use.
- Start the trail in the direction of the Glacier. Glacier walk (crevasses, Ortsveri ice face, etc.) tour duration aprox. 4 hours
- Return to Altihut, rest and lunch
- Trek back to Gergeti village together with the Guide. You may choose alternative way back to village Arsha, passing by abandoned villages of Toti and Gyboten, with incredible views.
- Champions Breakfast
- Leaving the trail into direction of Sherkhoti Gorge (3 – 4 Hour track)
- Return to Altihut, Lunch
- Returning to Gergeti
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR TOUR DATES