Altihut - 1 day tour
The Mountain Hut “Altihut” is located in Kazbegi District of Georgia, Kazbegi, at an elevation of 3014 meters above sea level.
It was built in Switzerland, in Wil (Davos) with love and care by Stefan Muller, his team and
Kurt Wandfluh (the Wizzard). It was delivered to Georgia in parts and was assembled and
built on this elevation with the assistance of the greatest pilot Franz Cotting. It is state of the
art, human craftsmanship and the most ecofriendly building in The Caucasus. Altihut can
host over 40 people with comfort
Altihut provides comfortable overnight stays in dormitory beds (on organic woolen
matrasses, and new sheets are provided), fine dining and delicious food served in the
“restaurant at 3000 meters”. You may also enjoy reading in the highest library in Europe and
send postcards, from one the highest PO Boxes. You may relax on the veranda and soak in
the incredible views of Mount Kazbegi (5054 masl) and Mount Kuro, with a glass of
The summer season for hiking starts from June-July as soon as snow melts. To get here,
you will need to come to Stephantsminda first. You may take a car or minibus to
Stephantsminda, and to get to Holy Thrinity Church in Gergeti, at an elevation of 2200 masl,
where the hiking trail starts in the direction of the Glacier. Here you will reach Altihut on
elevation of 3014 masl.
You may use horses during your hike, or you may use a helicopter to lift, provided by
Austrian company Wucher. (www.wuherhelicopters.com).Tour Details:
- Meet the Guide at the beginning of the Trail, Gergeti, elevation 2200 masl.
Short briefing and instructions, start of hike
- Trail to Altihut takes approximately 3 to 4 hours, it is over 5 km distance from the
starting point and vertical 800 meter elevation.
- Reach Altihut, short rest & Lunch
- Free time, enjoying the views and music. In case of interest, short tour to the Glacier
(aprox. 3,200 masl)
- Trek back to Gergeti village together with the Guide.
Places of interest :
- Mkinvartsveri Peak (Mountain Kazbegi) - 5,054 MASL
- Gergeti Glacier - 3,200 - 4,100 MASL
- Kuro Gorge - 4,200 MASL
- Panoramic view on Chaukhi Massive - 3,870 MASL
- River Chkheri
130 GEL (51.9 % Saved)
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR TOUR DATES